On 15/01/2020 14:35, Italo Vignoli wrote:
Authorized but strongly discouraged, especially with OEMs (who are
"invited" not to mention the possibility on their documentation). So, we
should manage the topic with care, to avoid upsetting OEMs who are happy
to install LibreOffice on their high level PCs, where they can avoid to
use Windows 10 S (which is compulsory on low level processors).

Didn't know about the possibility to upset OEM vendors. In French
speaking countries I haven't seen much manufacturers preinstalling
LibreOffice, but the situation may vary like you said in Italy :)

We can probably write a blog post where we explain how to install
LibreOffice on Windows 10 S, using Microsoft own sources (without any
mention to PC manufacturers). As a reason for the blog post, we can use
requests from individual users.

+1 for blog post. At the beginning of the school year, I had to write
one because I was struggling with peoples always asking for the same
question but for ChromeOS, so I wrote one [1]. Since the Windows 7
deprecation notice [2] and people having bought computer in Windows 10 S
mode, I begin to have questions about the ability to get Windows auto
updates, I have forwarded most of them to use LibreOffice by CIB for
this. Now, I regret because some issues are being reported to me (cf.
other mail in this thread). Really looking forwards for TDC :)

[1]
https://fr.blog.documentfoundation.org/2019/11/07/installer-libreoffice-sur-chromeos/
[2] https://twitter.com/LibreOfficeFR/status/1217040596369575939

--
William Gathoye
Hyper<hack>tive volunteer for LibreOffice