Hi Aaron,

LibreOffice is backed by a community of volunteers based on meritocracy,
and this means that everyone is free to contribute according to his
personal preferences.

We do not have a budget for marketing, apart from the people who manage
some day to day activities.

You can make a proposal based on what you think it would be useful for
the project. We will never ask a specific task like writing contents,
because we do not know which content you could write.

Are you a LibreOffice user? If yes, you could probably provide some
ideas about articles targeted to specific user clusters, to increase the
awareness about some features which you consider important.

Are you a SEO expert? If yes, you can probably analyze our websites and
blogs and provide some suggestions to improve search engine ranking.

These are just examples.

Of course, we could create a list of marketing tasks, but the experience
tells us that when we have spent our time to create such a list, people
have not started to contribute because they were expecting a budget
associated with each task.

I would be happy to change my mind, but for the last 15 years - since I
joined the community, suggesting a strategic approach to media relations
- I have seen too many people asking for specific directions, even if we
cannot give directions.

A meritocratic community has no managers, and no list of tasks to be
performed by volunteers (and you would not be a real volunteer if your
tasks were decided by someone else).

I hope to have improved the understanding of the situation.

Best regards, Italo