Hello Daniel,

Welcome to the LibreOffice community!
See my comments inline of your message...

Le dimanche 27 janvier 2019 à 16:16 +0000, Aquila Msiza a écrit :
It’s Daniel,

I didn’t mean to send out the unfinished draft but as I couldn’t
unsend it…here it is in its entirety.

Hi I’m Daniel,

I have been using LibreOffice for a while and would like to
contribute towards it reaching as many people as possible. I think
awareness of its existence, the values it stands for and what it
offers are a good starting point. The whitespace I see in this area
are the many non-tech affine guys and gals who don’t know about
LibreOffice. Although I’m not a stranger to the technology-world, I
myself didn’t know much about LibreOffice until recently when a
friend of mine, who studies IT, introduced me to the LibreOffice
Suite. (I was contemplating with the idea of buying the Microsoft
Suite)

One of the many groups we can target are students. Many students buy
the Microsoft Office Suite because they see this as a necessity in
order to be able to do their work and are not aware of other
alternatives. (or think the alternatives are too difficult to use)
Usually for these non-tech affine people it’s “tedious” getting to
adjust to new software and therefore they make the ‘simplest’ choice
of buying what their already familiar with.

Many don’t know about the LibreOffice option and I can assure you
many don’t even need half the capabilities of LibreOffice – not to
mention Microsoft Office – to complete their tertiary work.
I think by acquiring and familiarizing  many students while their in
universities (maybe expanding later on to schools), their able to
accustom themselves to the software very early. Unlike other target
groups, students are usually more diverse and interact usually on
average with more individuals than other target groups. My point is a
product that is free and offers value can start to spread like wild
fire.

But for that to happen, first its capabilities and the fact that it
exists have to be known.

Many pros I see in tackling this target market are not only acquiring
pro LibreOffice non-tech affine people but recruiting many
volunteers, who will be part of the LibreOffice community. I really
believe this is true, as they realise the pure value we offer in
return for ‘nothing’.

How to get there: The first goal is to be known

I looked at the different outlets LibreOffice has and Instagram
wasn’t one of them. At the current moment in 2019 to reach the
desired group of people and many other groups, we have to look at
where the current attention is placed. Instagram and snapchat (not to
mention Facebook, although the organic reach is decreasing there) is
where the attention is. Although we have a Youtube channel, not many
will stumble upon this.
I think by being apart of different platforms, providing value and
creating a community in different (social-) platforms will help us
get the word out.

I propose in creating an Instagram account - whether we start small
(native to the place i.e LibreOffice_US) or we create an HQ-account
(i.e LibreOffice) - I am to take on the responsibility to
administrate it.
I want to be clear. The Instagram account will not exist for
advertisement in a traditional sense. But is to provide value to the
Instagram-community, cement our place on this platform and
periodically show off the functionality that LibreOffice Suite
offers.

The first goal is to be known.

I will be happy to receive your feedback on this E-Mail address.

I really have two questions about your proposal -thank you for this by
the way:
* have you checked our Facebook page(s), our twitter accounts and our
reddit and YouTube channels?
* Instagram is indeed not where we are, however I'm curious what you
would like to produce in terms of content, since Instagram is about
pictures?

Best regards,
--
Charles-H. Schulz