Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your offer of help! Contributions are really appreciated in our various projects. As you mentioned editing and writing, this task may be of interest to you:

At the recent LibreOffice Conference there was discussion about creating a small (16 or 32 page) "Introduction to LibreOffice" document. We already have a good Getting Started guide: http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/Uploads/Documentation/GS51-GettingStartedLO.pdf

It's full of useful information, but it's nearly 400 pages long so it might be a bit daunting for newcomers. An "Introduction to LibreOffice" doc would have more of a marketing slant -- eg explaining what LibreOffice is, who is using it, what the different components are, how to install it, and how to get help (pointing to the Getting Started guide).

This is something I was planning to add to my todo list, but if you're interested in helping out or taking on the task yourself, let me know and we can discuss further.

Thanks again!

Mike