Hi Robinson,
Le 22/12/2014 17:03, Robinson Tryon a écrit :
On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 8:31 AM, Charles-H. Schulz
<charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

True and it is dangerous since it could show some spontaneity and community involvement. We
surely do not want that ;-)

+1 for community involvement

I'm not sure users are aware of all the needed things to have a
reliable
template and one that could be localized too, so the best way would
be
that the design team does a pre selection and let the users vote only
on
the templates that complies.

Speaking more generally than just this contest, having the Design Team
give feedback or help to improve templates would be a great idea!

it's currently under their control and yes, it's really great :)

... We all come from different origins so we will all face the same issues and these can be
adapted by users or by native lang projects to match their own standard. Let us not create
difficulties. Let this be a joyful moment for community participation!

Making it easier for community members to adapt templates (and
extensions) to their own native lang sounds like a positive
contribution. What's the current workflow for localization?

Currently template are on the Templates site. There is no workflow about
their internationalisation. But after this contest, to populate the file
in LibreOffice we will need to set one, this was discussed on other lists.

Sophie writes:
well they are under a open source license, so anybody is invited to do
the work or enhance what already exists.

Perhaps we can do more to make sure that work gets re-integrated back
into the original version, or is made available as a derivative.
Keeping a copy of each template in version control could reduce the
barriers to participation. It would make it easier for contributors to
fix typos, track down bugs, or make even bigger changes.

What we need is a kind of "official" set that we can work in all
languages with en_US as the basis to make sure that changes go in l10n
as well. But I think that this is what Kendy has in mind.

Cheers
Sophie
Tel:+33683901545
Co-founder - Release coordinator