Hello everyone,

just being back from a fantastic LinuxTag in Berlin, I wanted to share my impressions with you.

LinuxTag is one of the major events about Linux, free and open source software in Europe, and has for years already been one of the most important trade shows for the German community.

After having taken place at the Berlin fairgrounds for the last six years or so, in 2014 it was held in a new venue, an old postal railway station called "Station". It took place in parallel to the Droidcon, and shared one day with re:publica.

LibreOffice was present with a booth, and Italo Vignoli and Andreas Mantke each had a talk, respectively a workshop. The audience at the booth was great, and lots of good talks and meetings with a very overall positive feedback.

Besides sponsoring the lanyards for the event, so nearly every visitor had a LibreOffice logo around their neck :-) we also had quite a chunk of balloons that we handed out to the visitors.

Here's a picture of parts of our booth staff:

        https://twitter.com/floeff/status/464697516051955712

We even made it onto one picture at Heise, showing our guerilla marketing troop ;-)

        http://www.heise.de/open/artikel/LinuxTag-2014-2185386.html
        (watch out for the green folks at picture #7)

Thanks to everyone who attended, it was a pleasure being there, and we definitely look forward to next year's LinuxTag!

Florian