On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Kracked_P_P---webmaster
<webmaster@krackedpress.com> wrote:
of activity.  I wish the USA had the support as your area does.  I do not
see much, and almost none outside the largest regions of the "States".

Hi Tim,

I share your envy of the Brazilian community, and hope that we can
"get on their level" at some point in the future!

The good news is that the US community is growing steadily -- I've met
a number of interested folks at conferences and events this year --
and we're just starting to build-out our infrastructure.

Speaking of which, I just created an IRC channel for us:
#libreoffice-us

I'm working on getting the following set-up:
Etherpad: /libreoffice-us
Website: http://us.libreoffice.org

And I'm working to organize a monthly outreach/marketing meeting for
us. Speaking of which, we're going to have our first meeting sometime
between April 9-14, so for any of you in the US/Canada, please
indicate your preferences[1] here:
http://framadate.org/wa4wgsj74a97e1i5

try, but I am in a small "farm community" area and no longer can travel more
than 10 miles from home [due to the pain involved].  I hope to revamp the
NA-DVD project so it look better, and more like what the LO site has become,
vs. what it looked like since the last time I changed my DVD looks/feel.

I look forward to the new look on the NA-DVD site!

Your help with US marketing is really appreciated. From where I'm
sitting, small farming communities need LibreOffice and Free Software
just as much as NYC, London, and Tokyo do. The fact that we have
community members all over the place is something that projects like
MS-Office and iWorks just can't match, which puts us in a really
unique position for both marketing and for project involvement.

So keep on truckin'!

Cheers,
--R

[1] Kudos to Charles for finding a FOSS-licensed Doodle clone that doesn't suck!