Hello,

As discussed previously mostly on the website mailing list we are
establishing both the general site tree, map, as well as the content
for the future website.
While we may well reuse some of the content we have, we need to
reorganize, restructure and at least rewrite in part the content.

Right now, I'd like to focus on the "Discover" top section. Please
refer to the different sketches for more information [1]

Essentially the Discover section will be  made of the following elements
(they can be separate pages or one scrolling page with the various
elements being accessible from the second menu):
* What's LibreOffice
* Writer
* Calc
* Impress
* Draw
* Base
* Math
* Charts/Diagrams
* probably one section about extensions and templates
* More marketing materials (this can be anything from a specific frame
  with visual elements to a separate page listing brochures and other
  stuff)

Today, we have the Features section, however it has two shortcomings.
- it has waaaaay too much text. Nobody reads that, so we'll need
  graphical elements, shorter and more effective points.
- the number of argumentative pages is confusing. I'm not talking about
  a page for each module, as I happen to keep that idea above, but we
  have three types of features related page before we even reach the
  wiki: the "main" features pages, categorized by modules, the specific
  "what's new" pages that are the sexy versions of the release notes,
  and we now even have the "Why LibreOffice" page.
At this stage, we have too many "depths" of pages and it's quite
unclear whether anyone reads them.

In a nutshell, my proposal would be to only focus on the modules pages
as listed above , update them frequently and if needed, for a major
release, have one temporary page highlighting the major features. Then
these highlights would trickle down the modules pages.

My detailed proposal would be as follows:
- keep a page or a section by module/application
-  insert "new stuff for each of these pages
- insert an adhoc page for major releases on ad hoc basis
- get rid of the Why LibreOffice page
- take the release notes, but duplicate them on the website (the
  release notes are thus drafted on the wiki but duplicated on the
  website)
- Get rid of the "What's new" or specific releases major features page
  (except in the way I described above) and add content on the "What's
  LibreOffice?" and on each relevant module page.

Feedback welcome!
[1] http://pir.at/1aqh
--
Charles-H. Schulz