It was suggested that I post this message here...

Due to a fatal drive crash, the NA-DVD project has been delayed on
working on the 4.0.5, and now 4.1.1, DVD .iso filesfinished/made for the
DVD download pages.

Sorry for the delay, but sometimes equipment failure come before the
scheduled replacement of those devices, drives, systems, etc..

What Actually Happened. . . .

My" /sda " drive failed a little while ago.  That would be equal to the
" c: " and OS drive for you Windows users, that do not know Linux drive
naming conventions.

I replaced that driveafter the long wait for the part to come in.

Then I worked on recovering the files "lost" from other sources, since
the last backup.  Next, there was the major folder/file reorganization
between two 2-TB data drives.  Next, I had to do the new full system
drive backups, which took some time, internal SATA drives to the
external USB drives.   During all that time I had to work on replacing
all the lost work promised for people that were "time sensitive", that
was not in the weekly/bi-weekly backups.

All this take a lot of extra time out of my daily schedule, which does
not have that much time to spare.  Anyone who tells you that being
"retired" give you more time to do things, does not volunteer for some
local not-for-profit organizations and deal with working on projects
like LO.  It does not help the fact that I was "retired" due to major
injuries and 3 strokes.  Your "affective work day" tends to be really
limited at that point.

So in a few days, I should have the time to finish the 4.0.5
NA-DVDEnglish DVD project.  After that, I will deal with the 90+/- file
download of the 4.1.1 install and pack filesand do the needed work to
create the 4.1.1 DVD out of the 4.1.0 DVD.

The "worse" part of this whole process, for me, was that I was planning
on replacing the drive in the first or second week in September.

The failed drive was a 1-TB drive bought in early 2010.  Now replaced
with a 2-TB drive.  The next oldest drive, a 2-TB one, was bought in mid
2011.  I will be replacing it in September.  The next oldest drive
[2-TB] after than was bought in the fall of 2012, so it should be safe
for another year.  I have over  4 TB of data on 6TB of drives,
internally in my main home/office desktop.  So it takes time to replace
files from backups - USB 2 to SATA drive transfer - and then make a new
set of full backups SATA internal drives to USB 2 external drives.

It does not help that I have an extremely large clip-art and image
collection, plus a very large audio file collection, on my system
numbering over 700,000 files.  Ever transfer 700,000 small image and
audio files? The transfer speed to a an external USB drive is really
slow during the transfer process of those files - under 2 MB/s - instead
of average of 20-25 MS/s for the large files on my system.  It has taken
days to do a full backup, not incremental, of my whole system, while
trying to do some work with the files on the drive[s] not being backed
up at that time.

Take my advice and replace your primary drives that are older than 2 or
3 years before they fail on you.  It seems the largerSATA drives [1 TB
or larger]  do not have the life span of the 6 to 12 years old 40-80 GB
IDE drives in systems I work on sometimes for people.  Also when you buy
the new SATA drives, get the extra warranties.  2 and 3 year limited
part warranty from the drive maker tend not to replace a failed drive
after 2 years of normal use.  These extra warranty options, you can buy
for a small amount, do have replacement options that should.
.