Hi Jihui Choi, *,

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 8:23 PM, Jihui Choi <jihui.choi@gmail.com> wrote:

Q1. Best place to visit for LibreOffice in Munich?

The LiMux project did host the hackfest - LiMux project is about using
Linux (and also LibreOffice) in the public administration of Munich,
so I guess you should pay them a visit :-)
No need to speak German, most people can speak/understand basic
English in Germany.

short introduction with links to further info (mostly in german, but a
few presentations also available in english, also links to
press-coverage includes english articles):
http://www.muenchen.de/rathaus/Stadtverwaltung/Direktorium/LiMux.html
how to reach the project (limux@muenchen.de):
http://www.muenchen.de/rathaus/Stadtverwaltung/Direktorium/LiMux/Kontakt.html

Q2. Best Route from Munich to Milan for Libreoffice?

If the question was "how to get from Munich to Milan" - I could
suggest the CityNightLine train - that is reasonably priced (59 €
one-way) and you don't lose a day for travel (as you go over night,
means you can sleep) - but of course that is not suitable for stopping
by at other places. (last pickup station is Innsbruck and first
drop-off would be Verona in the middle of the night - so not the best
way for you :-))

South Tyrol has announced to migrate 7000 PCs in the public
administration to LibreOffice -
http://www.provinz.bz.it/lpa/285.asp?redas=yes&aktuelles_action=4&aktuelles_article_id=428953
(announcement in german)

Bozen (german name of the city)/Bolzano (italian name) would be on the
way (at least when traveling by train) - so worth a stop.

Q3. Best Route from Munich to Milan for a tour?
I'm thinking to visit Zurich for tour if there's no place for libreoffice.
Munich - Bregenz - Zurich - (Genava) - Milan. please recommend the best
route to me.

By train the route would usually be along those stops: Munich ->
Innsbruck -> Bozen -> Verona -> Milano

But I'm probably not good at recommending stuff, since when I was on
vacation, the route was straight to the ocean, no sight-seeing at all,
just relaxing and laying at the beach :-)

I personally tend to go via Austria and not take the detour via
Switzerland, but then again I live in Europe and so it is in easy
reach for me. Apart from passing through Switzerland a couple of times
(by car, i.e. that means you have to by the pass to use the highways -
pay for the whole year, although you are only on the road for two
days....) and hat the "luck" of a swiss
self-service-gasoline-dispenser eat a 20€ bill without giving us the
gasoline (apparently we missed to press the right button at the right
time, so all we got was a note to contact the owner during business
hours - not helpful when you only pass by) - I only stayed once in
Switzerland when doing a tour with friends from school in an old
Mercedes that we restored together - we got the worst value for money
there, so long story short: I'm biased, so don't listen to me :-)))

So as a tourist, I'd rather go to Venice and see that (only a day
trip, ok for sight-seeing, but not for staying there) and stop by in
Verona

Munich -> definitely some place in the Alps, in either Germany,
Austria, Switzerland, Italy -> Venice -> Verona -> Milan

Not knowing your requirements for hotels/comfort, etc. - but when you
don't mind youth hostels and sharing rooms with other people: There's
a nice youth hostel in Riva del Garda, very close to the lake with
very nice people (at least at the time I was staying there, but that
was quite a few years ago)

ciao
Christian