Le 2013-06-09 08:00, Florian Effenberger a écrit :
Hi,

Marc Paré wrote on 2013-06-09 13:28:

http://www.documentfoundation.org/certification/developers/

oh, thanks - I was blind. :) However, I can't seem to find the semicolon?

Florian

Sorry for the delay,

"to develop new features, or provide L3 Support to enterprise users; researching and developing solutions to new or unknown issues, designing and developing one or more courses of action, evaluating each of these courses in a test case environment, and implementing the best solution to the problem. Once the solution is verified, it is delivered to the customer and given back to the community."

"to develop new features; provide L3 Support to enterprise users; research and develop solutions to new or unknown issues, design and develop one or more courses of action to correct these issues, evaluate each of these courses in a test case environment, and implement the best solution to the problem. Once the solution is verified, it is delivered to the customer and given back to the community."

Also, I also suggest writing the verbs into the "active voice" to show more commitment of actions undertaken by the coders.

I would suggest that perhaps it would be better to rewrite the paragraph in point form. The paragraph would then look like:

"LibreOffice Certified Developers are individuals who have proven their ability to master LibreOffice code:

* develop new features
* provide L3 Support to enterprise users
* research and develop solutions to new or unknown issues; design and develop one or more courses of action to correct these issues; evaluate each of these courses in a test case environment; implement the best solution to the problem. Once the solution is verified, it is delivered to the customer and given back to the community."

But others may have an opinion of how to best work out this paragraph.

The following sentence should also be changed [change "were" to "are" to make it more definitive]:

"Certified Developers are present TDF members, were nominated by the Certification Committee, and subsequently peer-reviewed by the Engineering Steering Committee."

"Certified Developers are present TDF members, are nominated by the Certification Committee, and subsequently peer-reviewed by the Engineering Steering Committee."

Also, bottom paragraph on the page:

"Specifically does TDF not recommend nor endorse ..."

"Specifically, TDF does not recommend nor endorse ..."

Also:

"Interested parties are asked to individually assess if the listed companies ..."

"Interested parties are asked to assess individually if the listed companies ..." -- may sound better if you wrote it this way and avoids people writing us and complaining of the "split infinitive rule".

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com