As you know lots of brands use Twitter actively for promotions like:

"Retweet this and follow us and win a free ticket to London / get a
free tablet /t-shirts/ concert tickets" etc...

Yes they are commercial stuff and this operations are advertisement,
covered by its budget.

Today i've tweeted -just for fun- ;

"Win a free office suite for unlimited use and updates! Just RETWEET
this message and visit http://www.libreoffice.org/download  Grab your
#LibreOffice !"

Got some RT's limited because of my network is commonly Turkish
speaker ppl. Then one of my friends replied that that click caused him
5 USD's. That was good because he followed the donation redirection
from the download page and donated to LibreOffice. He is a free
software supporter and sensitive to donations.

Anyway, i wanted to share this small event with you to point that,
twitter is a good platform for promoting LibreOffice -at least to
freesoftware sensitive individuals.

On the other hand, we should analyze how Microsoft Office uses its
account at https://twitter.com/Office which has abot 170.000 followers

* Announcements, -limited- relations with customers, tips and
"JOKES(-unfortunately:P)"

Of course it is administrated by professionals and pays for sponsored
twits to followers networks etc.

On the other hand we have 2 accounts at:

@iibreoffice - https://twitter.com/libreoffice refers to official TDF
account @tdforg - https://twitter.com/tdforg

TDF account has about 7.000 followers and used for
announcements(mostly versions and conferences) and a little bit from
other stuff, totaling 468 tweets, while office has  nearly 19.000.

If we need to speak a more social media language and metrics to
measure the efficiency, Office has 88 Klout score and tdforg has 54
while Florian has 47 and i got 53.

I think we can use social media's potential to promote LibreOffice
more than the current situation.

Well, it is seems to be decided but i think @libreoffice will have a
better brand value and it should be promoted seperately from tdf as it
is the target; product to be promoted.

Also some polish needed for this accounts(background, new header part etc).

We can talk and determine how we can use this accounts more
efficient.(for ex. sharing an article from help.libreoffice.org as the
tip of the day, or intersting questions or workarounds from Ask site
etc)

Yes we don't have much time but, i think we can make better jokes than
Office at least,right?

Best regards,
Zeki