I saw this article but one thing they did not tell you - are they going to use LO instead of MSO now they will have Linux laptops?

Since "NASA is relying on The Linux Foundation for training", I hope they will introduce LO to NASA as the office suite to be used on their Linux systems.

http://www.zdnet.com/to-the-space-station-and-beyond-with-linux-7000014958/

"To the space station and beyond with Linux"

Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols

By Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols for Linux and Open Source | May 6, 2013 -- 21:25 GMT (14:25 PDT)

Unlike my recent spoof story about a Linux-powered Iron Man suit that you could build at home, this story isn't science fiction. NASA really has decided to drop Windows from the laptops on the International Space Station (ISS) in favor of Linux, and the first humanoid robot in space, R2, really is powered by Linux. robonautThis isn't science-fiction. This is R2, the first humanoid robot in space, and it's powered by Linux. (Image: NASA)

Keith Chuala, a United Space Alliance contractor, manager of the Space Operations Computing (SpOC) for NASA, and leader of the ISS's Laptops and Network Integration Teams, recently explained that NASA had decided to move to Linux for the ISS's PCs. "We migrated key functions from Windows to Linux because we needed an operating system that was stable and reliable --- one that would give us in-house control. So if we needed to patch, adjust, or adapt, we could."

[there is more to this article online]