On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:47:35PM +0100, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
Hi Paolo, *,

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 7:59 AM, Paolo Pelloni <paolo@paolopelloni.it> wrote:
I am using right now LO 4.0 downloaded from web on Ubuntu and I need
Java to be able to play embedded videos in Impress

No, that's not true. Removing the dependency on the JMF was one of the
first things that was done. Also the vanilla version uses gstreamer on
linux.

What needs java is:
* parts of Base (hsqldb, the wizards)
And Tools->Bibliography in Writer, which needs base.
* Accessibility bridge
* some wizards
* some filters (aportisdoc, pocket word, pocket excel)
* beanshell, javascript and java extensions/scripting

Best,

Bjoern