On 03/05/2013 11:09 AM, Marc Paré wrote:
Hi Tim,

Le 03/03/13 12:02 PM, webmaster-Kracked_P_P a écrit :

I am working on a new brochure for LibreOffice.  Since the new web page
has a "half-circle" logo design, I decided to include a similar design
on it.

Since it shows "The Document Foundation" under the "LibreOffice logo",
it has to pass the "branding" issues.

This brochure started out with text from an older brochure that was
shown on the wiki page[s], but was updated some with the new design that
is reflected in the new front page of the web site.  There may still be
some work to do, but I thought I would let everyone see what it looks
like and it can go from there.

In the paragraph that describes "Draw", there is a max. page size
listing.  It originally listed "300cm by 300cm".  I made a version that
shows that size in inches.  Draw would not let me go above 118.11
inches, so I just listed "118 by 118 inches".

Both versions of the brochure is in 8.5" by 11" letter size, but I could
make it in A4 size if you wish.

http://libreoffice-na.us/brochure-lo-4-letter-size--in-measure.odt

http://libreoffice-na.us/brochure-lo-4-letter-size--cm-measure.odt

Please let me know what you think.  The last brochure I was using was
made in the Spring/Summer or 2011.  It was time for an update.

My apologies for the late reply. I made a few corrections to the brochure, but, unfortunately, in my haste, I erased my notes on the changes twice, so, here is my corrected version with included notes (in the file itself). Just briefly speaking I;

* closed up the spaces (gaps) in the sentences by moving/adding/ text to some sentences. This just reshuffled the sentence enough to close the white space. * did a few corrections (sorry I lost track of these). One that does stick our is "open-source", we should sync with the docs team and use their spelling which seems to be "open source" ... there was the choice of "open-source" or "open source" or "opensource". Myself, if the word is used as an adjective, I favour "open-source" but it used as a noun "open source", but, this is not usually applied as a definitive grammar rule so "open source" would seem to be the next logical choice application of all the three. * removed any extra spaces between words and after periods where not needed. The extra spaces affect the line spacing when using "justified" text format. I also tried to close up any discernible rivers when I saw them. For those of you who need an example of "rivers" of space in text, you may see this here.[1]

I have a left a copy of the brochure here for the marketing team to look at before we call it a final version[2].

[1] http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:The_river_effect_in_justified_text.jpg

[2] http://www.parentreprise.com/images/LibreOffice/brochure-lo-4-letter-size--in-measure.odt

What I will do is take the text, and such, you have and replace the "working master" version with your work in the various panels.

Of course I have not dealt with making "side notes" so I will be looking at that was well.

Most of the text came from one of the files that were already listed in the flier gallery section and been online for a long time [as far as I know]. But it will be good to get a corrected version. With the text editing, it seems you were able to fit both "inches" and "cm" into the text so there will need only be a Letter and an A4 paper size version.

I will work on it later.
Back giving trouble after I hauled a [delivered] box from the apartment office to my place and put together a new office chair to replace the 40+ year old desk chair I have been using. That "hauling", even with a "dolly", is something my doctor[s] would yell at me for doing. But, it was needed to be done.