On 09/09/2012 05:36 AM, Florian Monfort wrote:
Speaking of Cloud, does LibreOffice have any advancement on a
"cloud-based" LibreOffice ? An online version of some sort ?
Not presently. The problem with having a "Cloud" version is the server
space and server support required requires money for the equipment/space.

IMHO, "Cloud" and Software-as-a-Service" will not replace local copies
of software on many devices. What is probably more useful are services
such as Dropbox which allow syncing of data between users/devices.

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Jay Lozier <jslozier@gmail.com
<mailto:jslozier@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hi,

    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/education/compare-plans.aspx#fbid=rjbfOKEw13A

    2010*<http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/office-professional-plus.aspx>
    > desktop
    > version subscription (for up to 5 devices per user)
    >
    > ·         Unlimited email storage
    >
    > ·         Archiving
    >
    > ·         eDiscovery tools to support your compliance needs
    >
    > Hosted voicemail support**
    >
    > Best Regards
    >
    > Varun Mittal
    > Google <https://www.google.com/profiles/varunmittal87>
    > LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/varunmittal87>
    >   Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/mittal.varun>
    > Twitter<http://twitter.com/varunmittal19>
    >
    > "Uncertainty is the only Certainty of LIFE"

    There is one severe problem with Office 365: you must have a fast
    enough
    Internet connection to use it. In the US, some, mostly rural areas
    have
    relatively low speed connections. Another problem with requiring an
    Internet connection, is when no connection is available.

    I have never liked "Cloud" solutions because of the dependence on the
    connection and potential security problems. The more critical
    information that is stored on the "Cloud" by third party providers the
    more inviting targets the third party providers become for
    hackers. They
    become effectively "one stop" shopping for hackers and who knows what
    they might do. Recently Wired.com had a series of articles about a
    journalist who got hacked and had his some of his personal files
    deleted.

    I noticed that there was no database module offered in either
    Office 365
    packages.

    --
    Jay Lozier
    jslozier@gmail.com <mailto:jslozier@gmail.com>

    All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and
    cannot be deleted

--
*Monfort Florian*
BM2 Student at France Business School