Hi Christian and Florian,

Le 2012-08-29 09:43, Florian Effenberger a écrit :
Hi,

Christian Lohmaier wrote on 2012-08-29 02:17:
To me the question is back down to: Do we have enough volunteers to
manage/run the forum? A forum requires significantly more maintenance
(janitorial stuff, moving threads, dealing with spam, answering
posts,...) than askbot.

I totally agree. If we don't even manage to get enough people for a
non-time-critical test, we surely will have even more issues with
production mode. Setting up a forum just for the sake of it, when there
are other forums, and then nobody taking care (iow. moderating) isn't a
good choice.

Thanks for being so cautious here!

Florian

I think that getting moderator help from our user base to run any forums will be easier than we think. Most regular "lurkers" are already used to forum etiquette and IMO would be easily convinced to help out.

As far as admins running the forums, it will all come down again to 2-3 individuals doing all of the hardcore work. I believe that, at one point, we already had a couple of hands up to help admin/run a LibreOffice forums.

To be honest, this is really the last service missing from the LibreOffice "swiss-army-knife" of user help/trouble-shoot services. Once a traditional forums is offered to our user base we will have covered all possible avenues of helping them.

Unfortunately, we are in great need of community building strategies, which is where our success rate is quite slim. We need to work on this and make it a concerted effort on all of our lists (global and language lists).

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com