On 05/06/2012 04:41 PM, Jean Weber wrote:
On 06/05/2012, at 22:59, Florian Effenberger<floeff@documentfoundation.org>  wrote:

Hello,

I'm doing a bit of a spring cleanup right now, and I think it makes sense to remove our Facebook
group altogether, keeping only the page intact.

Nowadays, pages can also share pictures and events, and groups are more dedicated for a closed
circle (i.e. even with an open group you have to approve each and every member).

I doubt we would miss a lot of functionality when simply dropping the group, but before doing so,
wanted to ask about your opinion.

Feedback welcome!
Florian
I think that's an excellent idea, to remove the group and have only the page. That will also focus
attention in one place, which I think is a good and useful thing.

Jean
The only thing you need to do is make sure the people who want to "slam" LO are kept away from adding their "ideas" to LO's Facebook environment. I do not use the social media, so I do not know the ins and outs of them. But I do know that currently in the USA you employer can force you to hand over all your social media account passwords or face being fired. Some States and the Federal governments are trying to create laws against this, but it is an uphill battle.

So having LO "groups" approved members, can be helpful as well as not. Make sure you talk to your users before you make the changes.

Sometimes what looks good for some is not something the masses like. That is MSO does, they decide what their users want and not the users.