That is not the problem.  Of course nothing is 100% perfect and a lot of the work that people do is
to make things better.

We currently have 1 release that does seem to be excellent and very stable, the 3.4.6.

The 3.5.x is not as stable as the 3.4.6 (from what we see on the User List) but does have an
advantage in having significantly more functionality, a better look, more features and is generally
just a lot sexier.

Each new branch seems to introduce a ton of new features and additional functionality.  This
sometimes seems to add regressions or creates problems that were not there in previous releases.
As the branch matures the instabilities settle down.

In sales&marketing it would seem obvious that it is better to sell a product based on it's
advantages NOT on  wishful thinking.