We already have a few projects that are not quite as large in scope.  The German language Dvd
project is probably closest in size and scope.  Then there is the North American one which is being
translated into Spanish.  I'm not certain if the Portuguese team have something but i would guess
that they do.  Where there appears to be some overlap it would be good to offer people both options
as the selection of extra software is a little different.

It would be great to have these various projects easily available as an alternative to downloading,
preferably linking from the main downloads page.

I think it would be even nicer if TDF could officially support these projects by providing space on
the official servers and hence have them mirrored around the world.

Just my opinions tho.  Just my 2cents.