On 10/22/2011 09:40 AM, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
Hello,

The Document Freedom Day is an initiative that has been launched a few
years ago, and it celebrates the use of ODF and open standards for
documents. It takes place every 31st of March all over the world.

This year, planning will start soon, and it would be good to have a
strong LibreOffice presence in terms of volunteers and actions. Feel
free to engage on the website directly: http://documentfreedom.org

or set up an ad-hoc team who will work on concrete actions for this
celebration.

Best,

Charles.

Hi,

Thanks for the reminder.

Other than handing over LibreOffice (in DVD or else) and flyers on that
day, is there anything specific we could prepare with regards to
LibreOffice ?

In Quebec province we've recently put together a "LibrePlanet" group and
this is among other activities we're promoting locally.

See:
http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:LibrePlanet_Quebec

This group structure has the advantage of being inclusive of all
Gnu/Linux distributions and other OSs as well, while pushing for broader
tech freedom advocacy in other "bubbles" that are not always exposed to
such information (including arts, agriculture, etc.).

I encourage other local advocacy groups to check the LibrePlanet groups
structure and start one if appropriate:
http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Form:Group

Cheers,

Fabian Rodriguez