Hi Florian:

I am more of a "sandybagger" here on what was the Oo Users and discuss groups.

I had also noticed your very capable contributions along the way (kudos) and surmised when I saw you had gone towards LibreOffice that likely you and enough more were anxious about the danger of Open Office becoming "less open" on a gradual basis after Oracle had bought out Sun Microsystems. I also had the same concern, and am glad to see that LibreOffice is an ".ORG" and does not expect to ever become profit-making.

I think in the current state of world affairs, this needs to be.

When I saw what was happening with the inception of LibreOffice, I went that way on my windows platforms. At the time I was not able to get it to run on either of the Fedora installations, however since, partly due to a hardware upgrade on the laptop, Fedora automatically offered me an upgrade that ended up installing Fedora 15 i386. This came with LibreOffice by default so I was happy.

Prior to that, that machine would not even accept F14. The upgrade was the hard drive. The original one was a 160 Gb. traditional 2 1/2" hard drive. The upgrade was one of Seagate's Momentus series of hybrid SSD/traditional drives - the largest of that series (500Gb.)

Installation of F15 just flew! The Interface Seagate has used on this drive optimizes the use of the 2 storage areas and makes the package look to the system as one single hard drive. Linux partitions pose no problem.

I managed the first change of the addresses.

1. The archives from listarchives.libreoffice.org/www are now available
at listarchives.libreoffice.org/global, with an automatic redirection in
place

2. The lists previously available @libreoffice.org are available now at
@global.libreoffice.org, with the old addresses working for a few more
days (but will vanish soon)

3. The headers have been modified, so chances are you have to adjust
your e-mail program filters.

4. The e-mail footers have been modified as well.

I will take care of the mail archives and GMANE tomorrow. If you run
into any issues, please let me know.

Things should work, but I'm not finished yet, so the rest will follow
tomorrow.

Thanks,
Florian