Hi Helio, Bernhard and everyone

Great designs Helio! I love the mockups!

Le 2011-06-15 19:25, Bernhard Dippold a écrit :
Hi Helio, all,

Helio S. Ferreira schrieb:
=========
Hi all,

for the next issue will have a new layout and a new name, LibreOffice
Magazine Brasil.

This is really great news!

I hope that LibreOffice will get the momentum BrOffice had in the past in Brazil.

I'd like to see some kind of advertising for this magazine under it's new name.

In my eyes the international community will applaud the Brazilian community for their work - perhaps in blog entries, perhaps in a official press release about the final switch from BrOffice.org to LibreOffice not only for the product, but for the magazine as well.

Reading the discussion on the Apache list, there have been many people thinking of BrOffice as independent (forked) development from OpenOffice.org.

I'd like to see this corrected, but I can't tell about the impact on the Brazilian community of such a press release.

What do you think, Brazilians?

Would such a press release be understood as positive reaction by the international community?

IMO, I think that the new edition of the "LibreOffice Magazine Brasil" is far better than a communiqué or a blog entry. From what I understand, BrOffice support is for LibreOffice is already noted on the TDF support pages[1].

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: I know about the concerns inside the Brazilian community, but the work on this magazine is visible and probably took more than 3 months. If the creators would be interested in TDF membership, this would be an easy way to show the Membership committee what they have contributed. With one contact knowing about the amount of work by the single applicant (it doesn't need to be several hours a day or week - it just needs to be "significant"), it would be quite easy for the MC to approve these applications, I assume.

And the more members of a team or local community join TDF as members, the better their community is represented inside the international community.

I also agree. I would encourage the contributors to the Revista apply for membership. I think your work on the magazine would qualify the contributors, you have already worked on the design of the upcoming "LibreOffice Magazine Brasil" and this is certainly a measurable accomplishment.

Cheers

Marc

[1] http://www.documentfoundation.org/supporters/

--