help please - accessibility info

I do not want to be a part of the Accessibility List, but I would like to know what is being done to help those with this type of issue.

I am on the Board of the Kiwanis Aktion Club of Elmira New York. This Kiwanis family organization [International, Regional, and Local] is dedicated to the adult community that have a disability or some type. You must be an adult with a disability/impairment to be invited to become a member.

So, I am always interested in ways for software packages [and computers in general] to be accessible to the needs of those with disabilities/impairments, to allow these individuals to be able to use the products. I deal with many members with hand injury issues to developmental issues. I deal with a few blind individuals as well, but that that is a much harder impairment issue group to use computers, except through voice controlled and text reading systems.

Could I receive some information on what is in the future of LibreOffice's accessibility efforts? Would a list of what some needs for some the various disables/impaired individuals to make a software package fulfill those needs? I myself and physical impairments and other issues placed upon me from several major injuries and three strokes. That is why I am volunteering my time to help those who have it difficult to function in the local community like myself.

T. Lungstrom
Board Member of the Kiwanis Aktion Club of Elmira NY, part of the Kiwanis Family of Organizations that support the local, regional, and world communities.

Kiwanis Aktion Club web sites:
International site: http://www.aktionclub.org/Home.aspx
Local Chapter: http://www.aktionclub-elmira.org/