Le 2011-02-28 17:54, Bernhard Dippold a écrit :
Hi all,

as this topic is relevant for design and marketing, I don't see a way to
avoid cross-posting. Follow-up on the marketing list please.

During the last weeks several people worked on design elements to be
used in order to improve knowledge and public awareness for LibreOffice.

Marc is working hard to put them all together on the marketing wiki, but
I feel that we still miss an easy entry point for people interested in
using such resources on their website, for marketing activities and so on.

Back in OOo times we had a gallery showing different categories of such
artwork which served quite well for people searching for a web button, a
banner or a CD/DVD label.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art/Gallery

Before I start working on migrating this gallery to our wiki (as I
created it, there is no licensing issue), I'd like to ask your opinion:

Do you think this is a good approach?

In contrast to the OOo gallery I'd like to see this wiki page as entry
point to the officially approved designs - positioned at the marketing
area of the wiki (at least until we put them up on the website).

The development area on the design wiki might get a similar entry point
(for contributors, including the official source file necessary for
using them as basis for branding based design), but I think the
marketing / user / supporter resources are more important at the moment.

Any questions? proposals? ideas?

Best regards

Bernhard

Hi Bernhard:

Great idea! It will give us a thumbnail preview of the approved designs available for the marketing teams. I was going to go on to this next step once all the necessary marketing pages were updated and created. Feel free to modify the marketing pages that are already in use.

The bottleneck that I encountered was on the Design list. (BTW ... I am also on the Design membership list.) We have to streamline the approval process and formalized a little more. Here is what I would like to propose to ease the process a little:

The Design Team should be prepared to accept requests from the Marketing; Documentation; Website teams and work on these taking in consideration the time-line given by the teams requests. This is like working in a Design production house. Once a request is put to the Design Team assigns the requests to a member(s) for work. (This is done as per usual, on a volunteer basis.) Once the project is accepted is goes to the next step: Design wiki page.

Design wiki page: We need a Design wiki page where the "proposed designs" are posted. ONLY the proposed designs are found on this page! Once the design is put on this page it should go to the next step: the Voting process.

Vote process for proposed designs: Once these designs are posted (along with source files), they should then be put through the approval process ... to keep things simple we should just put it to a vote to the design membership. It may be sent back for re-work and come back to the voting process. Once the design has been approved by the design membership, it goes to the next step: the Marketing wiki page.

Marketing wiki page: Once the design is approved, the design should be moved to the marketing wiki page (along with source files). ONLY the approved designs are found on this page. The source files should also be posted with the approved designs.

All designs, for any LibreOffice products/marketing campaigns should go through the approval process. This will ensure that the branding guidelines are followed and improved if they need to be reworked. The Design Team should ensure that all designs meet our branding guidelines on all aspects of the LibreOffice project.

So, we would really need 2 wiki pages: one design/????? page for the design proposals and a marketing/material page (we already have this page) for the approved designs. This should ensure that all designs meet the branding guidelines for LibreOffice.

How does this sound?

Cheers