I like this idea... but is sends the wrong message.

Can you give me another idea like this? I'll try to think up a cool idea too. The "viral vid" is a
great PR tool.

On Nov 2, 2010, at 9:05 AM, James Walker wrote:

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Benjamin Horst <bhorst@mac.com> wrote:

Christoph and Dave,

On Nov 1, 2010, at 6:44 PM, Christoph Noack wrote:
I'm sorry to start a new thread ... but I am unable to find the original
one. Dave proposed to make a short film like the "Meet Firefox" video.
And as far as I know, he asked for some storyboard ideas ...

Dave, just some ideas:
    * Content based on the initial and "universal" LibO presentation
      (in progress)
    * Unique features of LibO (is there any feature list yet?)
    * Compatibility with ODF
    * What's unique for the LibO community? (if people care about
      that, maybe an additional video?)
    * Where to download it? (some people just don't know ...)

For the others: Dave already linked a proposal from the Marketing ideas
page. I refined the section a bit (e.g. link to the Firefox video), so
enjoy:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Ideas#Web-page_video_similar_to_the_.22Meet_Firefox.22
.

@ Dave: Thanks! If we can do something like that ... just great. It
would be insanely cool to have something ready for LibO 3.3! So, after
joining the "interview thing", is there time to do something like that?

Any other thoughts? Dave, should the ideas be added to the wiki - that
would make it easier to track it (especially for you)?

An intro video would be great! From the perspective of potential new users,
I think it would be really appealing to have a video intro and welcome
message that we promote in a very visible location or locations.

In fact, in wireframes I put together for the future LibO homepage, I
suggested a video of this type, right next to the download button. (I have
attached the wireframe to the wiki as an ODG, but I'll make a PNG and put it
in the page for easy viewing momentarily:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/Site_IA_and_Wireframes )

Go for it!

-Ben

Benjamin Horst
bhorst@mac.com
646-464-2314 (Eastern)
www.solidoffice.com

--
E-mail to marketing+help@libreoffice.org<marketing%2Bhelp@libreoffice.org>for instructions on
deleted

What would be very cool would be to come up with something funny that would
have the chance to go viral on YouTube.

Maybe something along the lines of someone sitting around with 400 dollars
wondering what they can do with it.  and unstood of buying MS Office, they
download LibreOffice and but a couple really cool gadgets with the money.

Just throwing out an idea, it seems like viral videos not only get YouTube
time, but they also sometimes even make CNN's homepage.

James Walker