I just thought that I would make a comment here first about teacher networking and marketing.

As you can very well tell, the Canadian Marketing teams is pretty small. We really only have 3-4 members to serve LibO marketing in the second largest country on earth. In building up the structure for marketing I am hoping to firstly use the teacher organisations in our country. I am not sure how the educational fields work in different countries, but here in Canada, the teacher's groups and unions are quite organised and have organisations at the local-city, provincial and federal levels. From there, most of these divisions are often broken up into sub-categories, such as committees on language, art, science ...

So, if you are having problems with representation at the local level, you may want to look into any of your LibO (OOo) teacher-members to investigate whether you can tap into the goodwill of teachers. In doing so you would most likely be able to get representation in just about every town in your category.

Teachers, depending on their years of experience, will also sometimes have access to meeting rooms and IT resources that you could possibly use for local meetings (with the good graces of their employer). I mean to say, that a seasoned teacher could perhaps convince her/his board/principal to free up a room or conference room for local meetings.

In Canada, the teaching field has gotten so demanding, that most employed teachers, in general, are excellent organisers and speakers. Teachers come to the teaching arena with a full set of personal organisational tools and a mindset to organise projects and events in a logical way. Some teacher may have to be convinced to work with the LibO tools but they would most likely accept the challenge.

These words are spoken in a very general view and yes there will be examples of teacher not fitting this mould, but in general, we (teachers) fit this description.

Just thought I would put this out to you, if you were thinking of reaching out to groups for help.

Cheers