On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> wrote:
 Le 2010-10-12 07:20, Graham Lauder a écrit :

On Tuesday 12 Oct 2010 23:54:03 Florian Effenberger wrote:

Hi,

I just created a Doodle poll - let me know when you are best available
for a phone conference. ;-)

http://www.doodle.com/uiidvmmxcp53r4xs

Thanks
Florian

I must admit I find these things incredibly frustrating, They're always at
bloody awful time and voting is a waste of time because it just means it
always suits the Europeans, I have to do it via IRC because the phone-in
is
limited in the number of countries and nothing in NZ, so it's a waste of
time
me being there.

The problem then is that those of us who can't make it end up on the outer
and
we immediately have a two tier system within the project, those who can
have
input (Because of time zone, phone setups etc) and those who can only
listen
but are denied any significant input because everything has been done an
dusted at speech speed and by the time we get to hear it (after having to
download the sound file over very slow dialup) it's all ancient history
and
over with.

I would like us to stick to using maillists or even IMs  it may be slower
but
at least it's inclusive.

GL

I also agree with Graham,

I am in Canada with approx. 5-6 hours behind European time (opposite of
Graham). Mailists and IM would be my preferred way of communication if
possible. Unfortunate as it may sound the advantages of having an
international team are immense, the drawback is realtime meetings. Uh ...
unless someone can fly us to a common destination for an afternoon.  Anyone?
LOL. You are all welcome to come to my house, and, it's Octoberfest here
too! (Waterloo Canada)

Didn't try it yet, but I think of using skype for joining, did you
already try it? I know it's not always reliable but at least, it
allows us to join. Florian, will you provide a skype access?

Kind regards
Sophie