[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-l10n] About word separators in text with mixed language
- Subject: [libreoffice-l10n] About word separators in text with mixed language
- From: "Ming H." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 20:37:09 +0800
- To: "LO L10N Mailing List" <email@example.com>
Dear fellow l10n teams,
There is a bug asking for improvement of spellchecking for text with mixed language . The issue is that currently spellchecker takes space as separator between words, and then check the spelling of each word individually. However in some language other characters may be used between words -- the bug reporter gave an example of mixing Italian and English, "Questo è un rapporto sull'International Conference on..." -- and the spellchecker obviously fail when two words of different languages are connected with such non-space separators.
As developers usually only speak a few languages, to get an idea of the bigger picture, opinions from l10n people are sought. So if your language have some special rules for separating/connecting words/affixes, especially if your language also uses spellchecking intensively, please share your knowledge, either on this list or directly on Bugzilla.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] String "From vertical middle cell"
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] REMIND: Documentation team call is today at 18:00 UTC
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Interview with Jwtiyar Ali from the Kurdish localisation community
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Some typos in strings (Weblate)