(Jeremy Brown as the original contributor of Congolese locales on Cc)

On Tuesday, 2020-06-02 14:55:06 +0200, Eike Rathke wrote:

LANGUAGE_USER_AKA        0x0677  axk-CF  - no entry in language list
LANGUAGE_USER_AKA_CONGO  0x8277  axk-CG  "Aka (Congo)"

But the 'axk' ISO 639 code actually is Yaka, not Aka,
https://iso639-3.sil.org/code/axk

LANGUAGE_USER_YAKA         0x0683  iyx-CG  "Yaka"
https://iso639-3.sil.org/code/iyx

I'll adjust that to "Yaka (Congo)" and also add axk-CF to the language
list with "Yaka (Central African Republic)".

... which somewhat complicates things, we probably want

LANGUAGE_USER_YAKA_CAR    0x0677  axk-CF  "Yaka (Central African Republic)"
LANGUAGE_USER_YAKA_CONGO  0x0683  iyx-CG  "Yaka (Congo)"

and remap existing document content from 0x8277/axk-CG to 0x0683/iyx-CG.

To make matters worse, a whole bunch of CG Congo locales was added with

    commit c69221a2f12331cadee4dbed50de30bf8aa230b0

        Add/modify locales & language list entries for Congolese languages

    https://git.libreoffice.org/core/+/c69221a2f12331cadee4dbed50de30bf8aa230b0

which even (now IMHO wrongly) came with axk-CG locale data and (correct)
iyx-CG locale data. Apparently I tried to disentangle some of the mess
already in

    commit 66308dd049b98476127265e9cc9ac32f19dfccaf

        changes to Congolese locales

    https://git.libreoffice.org/core/+/66308dd049b98476127265e9cc9ac32f19dfccaf

introducing LANGUAGE_USER_AKA_CONGO instead of plain LANGUAGE_USER_AKA
(which mainly would be Central African Republic) (Aka actually is
a synonym of Yaka in this context, not the other Aka language) but
still, now I wonder if there was a reasonable intention of having both
axk-CG and iyx-CG or if that was an oversight.

Any clue, someone? In particular Jeremy?

Thanks
  Eike

--
GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A