[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Tags in Help: never to be translated?
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Tags in Help: never to be translated?
- From: sophi <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 14:30:13 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Le 28/05/2020 à 18:20, Tuomas Hietala a écrit :
> There's quite a bit of information on translating Help content on the
> wiki: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UI_and_Help_files_Content_Guide
> A TL;DR sort of summary or guideline on the XML tags part would be
> useful, so I'm asking if the following statement would be correct:
> "Do not translate anything inside a tag (that is, between angle brackets)."
> Reading the wiki page, my understanding is that anything between < and
> the nearest > either should not be translated or has no effect if
> translated. The only exception to this would appear to be the xml-lang
> attribute in the <alt> tag. However, based on a quick search, the
> xml-lang attribute doesn't seem to be actually used in <alt> tags
> anywhere in Help. Perhaps the information on the wiki is outdated?
It is a bit outdated, I'll have a look and see what is not used anymore
or has been modified (for example there is now
<keycode>Ctrl+Ins</keycode> where "keycode" is not translated).
Otherwise, Olivier added more information in the Documentation part of
look at LibreOffice Help Content
But in case of doubt, feel free to ask here
Sophie Gautier email@example.com
The Document Foundation
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|[libreoffice-l10n] Tags in Help: never to be translated?||Tuomas Hietala <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Question about translating language names
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] solver.xhp par_id9038972 help.text
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Tags in Help: never to be translated?
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Question about translating language names