Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Tags in Help: never to be translated?

Hi Tuomas,
Le 28/05/2020 à 18:20, Tuomas Hietala a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> There's quite a bit of information on translating Help content on the
> wiki: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UI_and_Help_files_Content_Guide
>
> A TL;DR sort of summary or guideline on the XML tags part would be
> useful, so I'm asking if the following statement would be correct:
> "Do not translate anything inside a tag (that is, between angle brackets)."
>
> Reading the wiki page, my understanding is that anything between < and
> the nearest > either should not be translated or has no effect if
> translated. The only exception to this would appear to be the xml-lang
> attribute in the <alt> tag. However, based on a quick search, the
> xml-lang attribute doesn't seem to be actually used in <alt> tags
> anywhere in Help. Perhaps the information on the wiki is outdated?

It is a bit outdated, I'll have a look and see what is not used anymore
or has been modified (for example there is now
<keycode>Ctrl+Ins</keycode> where "keycode" is not translated).
Otherwise, Olivier added more information in the Documentation part of
the wiki
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation
look at LibreOffice Help Content
But in case of doubt, feel free to ask here

Cheers
Sophie

GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi