I did an overview of translation of various colors used in LO, and in doing so had some questions.
These questions are probably more towards developers than fellow translators and l10n admins, but I
don't know which specific developers to ask, or if the dev mailing list is a good place for such
questions.  So here they are, please direct me to proper channels if needed.

In this email I'm going to refer to several strings, and Weblate links are a bit cumbersome, so I'm
going to use line numbers of the file core/include/svx/strings.hrc instead:
https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/include/svx/strings.hrc?r=b680547a

1. Line 561-566, these are names of several colors used as default in various places.  My questions
are: (a) Does it mean different locales can actually use different default colors if we change it
in the translation?  And if not, what's the point of making it translatable?  (b) What happens if
the translation of these strings don't match the translation of the actual color names?  This is
easier to happen than perceived, as for example line 562 has "Dark Red 2", but for the translation
of actual names there is only "Dark Red", and the " 2" part is added automatically without
translation.  So if a translator was tempted to translate the numbers to something language
specific, there will be mismatch.

2. Line 627-651, these are colors used by the "material" palette.  There are quite a few names like
"Color A" in it.  However these are not the full names of the colors, as the full names are like
"Gray A200", with the "200" again added automatically without translation.  So my question is: Why
not just include the " A" part as the automatic suffix as well?  After all, both Greek alphabet and
Cyrillic alphabet starts with a letter close enough to the Latin "A", and it's not likely languages
using other alphabets will translate this "A" part anyway.  I can also imagine the headache this
will cause for RTL languages.

3. Line 652-665, these are declared to be old names and likely used for backward compatibility
reasons.  My question is: Would the old files use localized names?  If so, should we refrain from
ever changing the translations of these?  Then again, color pink is used in other palettes like
material.

Thanks in advance,
Ming