Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [Important] Errors in translation of function names and identifiers

Hi,

On Tuesday, 2020-03-31 11:59:14 +0200, Sophie Gautier wrote:

> There are still several languages containing wrong translation of
> function names and identifiers, please correct them.
> Here is the list of languages impacted:
> https://bug-attachments.documentfoundation.org/attachment.cgi?id=158358

Please note that there are two lists attached to tdf#128200. The above
listing indentifiers starting with a '#' hash character that has to be
preserved, and this longer list with bad function names:
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/attachment.cgi?id=158357

Please do not treat this as minor "translation errors", not complying
with the requirements lined out may render Calc spreadsheet formulas
completely unusable and break everything in your language's UI
translation depending on which function names are affected.

> As a reminder, translated function names MUST NOT contain spaces,
> parentheses, hyphens, or anything else that would be an operator in
> spreadsheet formula context.
> Function names may only contain letters (of any alphabet or script of
> course, not just ASCII) or digits or '.' dot or '_' underscore, and must
> start with a letter.
> Translated identifiers like "#All" or "#Headers" if they start with a
> '#' hash character MUST start with a '#' character also in the
> translation, this is vital to recognize them as table reference
> identifiers (or error constants possibly).
>
> Please ping me when it's done on your side, I'll join directly the
> remaining teams.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance, and thanks a lot to Eike for monitoring this.
> Cheers
> Sophie

Thanks
Eike

--
GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918 630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A