Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Better English term for Sidebar "decks"

Il 10/03/20 11:25, Heiko Tietze ha scritto:
+1 for "Panel" (Vertical panel, Horizontal panel, Side panel, Floating panel, etc.).

Isn't a panel the full sidebar including all tabs with decks / views / ...?

I mean Panel as a "part of a Window". The word Deck is correct, but, in Italian, we cannot use Deck with the same meaning we generally use (nautical/aerial filed). The correct translation is "plancia" / "console", but inside the program the translation sounds no good.

Of course, the intention is correct, because we have a "Deck with commands", it's not a simple panel (text area, list, etc).

That's whay in Italian we translated "Sidebar Deck" > "Barra laterale", which we know it is not the exact meaning but it is clear to understand to *all* users.

Ciao
--
Valter
Open Source is better!