[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-l10n] Preventing translation submission without review
- Subject: [libreoffice-l10n] Preventing translation submission without review
- From: Naruhiko Ogasawara <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 21:54:05 +0900
- To: LibreOffice-l10n <email@example.com>
We, Japanese translator community, noticed that a user 
submit a lot of incorrect JA translations.
(For example, Japanese native speakers do not translate
the word "Python" to "パイソン," because it's a technical
term usually written in English )
Of course, it's good to 100% translation coverage, and we
can understand that he/she wants to become JA translation
close to 100% (I don't want to blame him/her).
But here in the Japanese market, typical users prefer there
are some English remains than having wrong translated
words; the software which has wrong translations seems
not to a professional tool, at least our culture.
So, in the Pootle era, Japanese project doesn't allow direct
submission (except for limited accounts; reviewers).
Can Weblate do as same for Japanese projects?
Or if you have any other solution, please let us know.
Naruhiko NARU Ogasawara
Naruhiko NARU Ogasawara (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Preventing translation submission without review||sophi <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] The "Source change" field
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Preventing translation submission without review
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] The "Source change" field
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Preventing translation submission without review