[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Please clarify translation deadlines
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Please clarify translation deadlines
- From: Christian Lohmaier <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 15:14:27 +0100
- To: Tuomas Hietala <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Libreoffice ln10 <email@example.com>
Hi Tuomas, *,
On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 2:11 PM Tuomas Hietala <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I've been updating a lot of the Finnish translations of LO recently
> (translated in Weblate on master branch, automatically propagated to 6.3
> and 6.4) However, I noticed many of them didn't make it to the 6.4.0
There was a bug/oversight that caused a problem here: not all
translations that were done on weblate were actually flushed out and
committed to the repository when I prepared the release.
> Reading  and , I was under the impression that
> translations made on Monday 27th January or earlier should have been
> picked up in 6.4.0,
No, you missed something up. While it is true that if translations are
done on Monday, they are included in the release, since prepping of
the tag typically happens Tuesday evening or on Wednesday.
But it needs to be the Monday of the tag-creation week, not the one of
the final release announcement. The last RC is renamed and released as
final, so no updates to translations are possible.
So for 6.4.0 the translations the deadline would have been January 20.
I did export the translations from weblate on Tuesday the 21st - but
as mentioned that didn't include all translations that were done in
pootle, the changes only were partially reflected in the repository.
> but this clearly isn't the case. Did I misunderstand
> something, is the information in the wiki wrong, or was there some other
Both a misunderstanding (the RC week is the deadline, not final
release), and specifically for 6.4.0 there also was another issue.
see also https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=130365
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Please clarify translation deadlines||Tuomas Hietala <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-l10n] Please clarify translation deadlines||Tuomas Hietala <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Please clarify translation deadlines
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Please clarify translation deadlines
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Please clarify translation deadlines
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Please clarify translation deadlines