Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request for breaking string freeze

Hi Sopie and Christian,

------------------ ???????? ------------------

> Hi Ming,
> Le 13/01/2020 ?? 23:30, Ming Hua a ??crit :
>>
>> What I'm proposing is to backport the renaming patch sometime
>> after 6.4.0 is released, likely end of January, then leave enough
>> time for translators to work on it before 6.4.1 is released at the
>> end of February. Presumably the users willing to adopt new
>> releases early will be less bothered by such string changes.
>
> I guess there is enough time for 6.4.1 to translate the string. Would
> that be ok for you too Martin?

Since Martin said there won't be any problem, and there aren't objections from other translators either, I'll take it as a "yes" for backporting this string change from the l10n team.

I'm not familiar with the timing of the syncing between git and weblate. The wiki https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Translating_LibreOffice says translations are submitted before the Monday tagging deadline, which should be Jan. 20th for 6.4.0 RC3. Is it still the case, and does it mean it's safe to start the backporting after Jan. 21st? I know this is Christian's ballpark, does he read every mail on this list, or should I contact him individually?

Thanks,
Ming