[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-l10n] Ban String Freeze
- Subject: [libreoffice-l10n] Ban String Freeze
- From: Olivier Hallot <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 14:33:44 -0300
- To: LibreOffice-l10n <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Our Help must document new/changed features in the software, notably the
UI changes. Despite the efforts, a backlog exist.
Too often, an update in Master Help pages is also valid for the current
release Help page. Why not update the release Help page with valid
information coming from the master pages?
We can't: STRING FREEZE !!!!
So, let's stop with this nonsense.
There are many Master Help pages updates valid for release 6.4. They
will slip to August 2020...
because of Dec 2019's STRING FREEZE !!!
A 6 month delay for nothing. Nonsense.
Our translation tools (Weblate, and before that, Pootle) makes easy to
take a snapshot of the translation and insert into the release. Updates
in Help as well as new translations are easily ported between branches.
BAN STRING FREEZE !
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil - Local Time: UTC-03:00
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Ban String Freeze||Martin Srebotnjak <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Untranslatable strings in Writer
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Ban String Freeze
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Untranslatable strings in Writer
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Ban String Freeze