[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] New strings after 6.4 (string freeze) ...
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] New strings after 6.4 (string freeze) ...
- From: sophi <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 10:51:38 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Le 22/12/2019 à 16:26, Martin Srebotnjak a écrit :
> Hi, all,
> commits like this one:
> introduce new strings. The string freeze was with the release of RC1, which
> was pulled out on December 18. The mentioned commit was made on December
> 20. I did comment on the issue.
> Programmers are not aware of the string freeze and implications of not
> abiding it. How is the communication with the l10n teams handled in such
This is said during the ESC call each week, commit reviews and freezes
For this case, it was ambiguous as string freeze is noted on a week and
not a day, it was made the first day of the freeze week and was an
important fix to my eyes.
When it's out of the period, I'm asked by developers. If it's only
cosmetic then I disagree with braking the freeze.
So the communication is handled and the freeze usually well respected,
but as you see, sometimes braking it is justified and it's only and
remains an exception to the rule.
Sophie Gautier email@example.com
The Document Foundation
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] New strings after 6.4 (string freeze) ...||Martin Srebotnjak <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-l10n] New strings after 6.4 (string freeze) ...||Martin Srebotnjak <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] How to report problems with original strings in Weblate?
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] How to report problems with original strings in Weblate?
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] New strings after 6.4 (string freeze) ...
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] New strings after 6.4 (string freeze) ...