[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-l10n] New strings after 6.4 (string freeze) ...
- Subject: [libreoffice-l10n] New strings after 6.4 (string freeze) ...
- From: Martin Srebotnjak <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 16:26:18 +0100
- To: LibreOffice-l10n <firstname.lastname@example.org>
commits like this one:
introduce new strings. The string freeze was with the release of RC1, which
was pulled out on December 18. The mentioned commit was made on December
20. I did comment on the issue.
Programmers are not aware of the string freeze and implications of not
abiding it. How is the communication with the l10n teams handled in such
I propose two :
- setting a (rigorous) protocol in case there are urgent changes *after*
the string freeze (if there already is a protocol in place, let's write it
down, put it on wiki, get it out of the drawer and make it visible etc.);
the decision to allow such changes should involve the estimate of
additional work/overhead for the l10n teams and the number of new/updated
strings, how near the planned release date is etc., the persons deciding,
required announcements on this list to make l10n happen in time;
- at the moment of release (when there is string freeze, as it happened on
December 18th 2019,
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/src/?C=M&O=D) post an
automated message on the developers' list (it can be same text, just the
dates and release/code version updated) and maybe a notification on gerrit,
if possible?; it notifies coders that string freeze for X.Y (RC1) is in
effect, and mentions/links to the only way a new string can be introduced -
the protocol mentioned in the above step; also the term "string freeze"
should be explained.
Obviously even senior coders are not aware what this means for l10n teams
and the rules are really not that clear.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] New strings after 6.4 (string freeze) ...||sophi <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Adding images in translation
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] How to report problems with original strings in Weblate?
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] REMIND: Documentation team call is today (Thursday) at 18:00 UTC
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] New strings after 6.4 (string freeze) ...