[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-l10n] Insert Bibliography Entry dialog: illogical wording
- Subject: [libreoffice-l10n] Insert Bibliography Entry dialog: illogical wording
- From: Mihkel Tõnnov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 01:06:38 +0200
- To: libreoffice-l10n <email@example.com>
I found some strangeness in the Insert Bibliography Entry dialog (see
Insert - Table of Contents and Index - Bibliography Entry).
The dialog has recently (well, for 6.4) been slightly re-designed, but I
find the wording that is used strange. Namely the two section headers,
"Entry" (old) and "Layout" (new in 6.4) no longer match their sections:
1) "Entry" has only two sub-items now, the radio buttons for choosing
between "From bibliography database" and "From document content".
2) "Layout" has three sub-items: Short name (dropdown), Author, Title.
While I welcome the update (esp. moving the dropdown to its logical place
above the Title/Author info, not below it as before), I cannot see the
logic behind naming the second section header "Layout". In my mind, it
would be logical to name that one "Entry", and rename the first header
(current "Entry") to "Bibliography source" or similar, as it now is header
only for the upper part of the dialog, not the whole dialog anymore. And
depending on the chosen first header, the options "From bibliography
database" / "From document content" should probably be updated, too.
As it is likely too late to fix this for 6.4, translation teams might want
to check their translations and "deviate" from the (IMHO) illogical source
as they best see fit.
Relevant key-IDs: MdNPn, 8VbWT, um6cK, bujbx
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Insert Bibliography Entry dialog: illogical wording||Caolán McNamara <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] ODF 1.3 Extended
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Insert Bibliography Entry dialog: illogical wording
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] ODF 1.3 Extended
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Insert Bibliography Entry dialog: illogical wording