[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] ODF 1.3 Extended
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] ODF 1.3 Extended
- From: Mihkel Tõnnov <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 14:51:56 +0200
- To: Andras Timar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: LibreOffice-l10n <email@example.com>
Andras Timar (<firstname.lastname@example.org>), 16. detsember 2019 kell 14:20:
> On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 1:09 PM Mihkel Tõnnov <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Hi *,
>> What's up with this comment here?
>> Source string comment
>> EN-US, the term 'extended' must not be translated.
>> Context: optsavepage|odfwarning_label
>> Not using ODF 1.3 Extended may cause information to be lost.
>> Why on earth shouldn't the "extended" be translated?
>> As a side note, in settings (Tools - Options - Load/Save - General), the
>> name of the format has been translated in all the languages i checked.
> The author probably thought that "ODF 1.3 Extended" was a proper name.
> But it's just a label, nothing will happen if you actually translate the
> term Extended. It may or may not confuse the user. That's all.
Thanks for the reply. I know nothing will break if it gets translated :)
However I can't see any reason for that label *not* to be translated, and
as such I think the comment should be changed to a milder wording, leaving
it up to the individual l10n teams to decide whether or not to translate
that format name (both in this string and in the format selection list in
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|[libreoffice-l10n] ODF 1.3 Extended||Mihkel Tõnnov <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] ODF 1.3 Extended||Andras Timar <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] ODF 1.3 Extended
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] ODF 1.3 Extended
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] ODF 1.3 Extended
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] ODF 1.3 Extended