[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] ODF 1.3 Extended
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] ODF 1.3 Extended
- From: Andras Timar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 13:20:07 +0100
- To: Mihkel Tõnnov <email@example.com>
- Cc: LibreOffice-l10n <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 1:09 PM Mihkel Tõnnov <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi *,
> What's up with this comment here?
> Source string comment
> EN-US, the term 'extended' must not be translated.
> Context: optsavepage|odfwarning_label
> Not using ODF 1.3 Extended may cause information to be lost.
> Why on earth shouldn't the "extended" be translated?
> As a side note, in settings (Tools - Options - Load/Save - General), the
> name of the format has been translated in all the languages i checked.
The author probably thought that "ODF 1.3 Extended" was a proper name. But
it's just a label, nothing will happen if you actually translate the term
Extended. It may or may not confuse the user. That's all.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] ODF 1.3 Extended||Mihkel Tõnnov <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-l10n] ODF 1.3 Extended||Mihkel Tõnnov <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] ODF 1.3 Extended
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] ODF 1.3 Extended
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] ODF 1.3 Extended
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] ODF 1.3 Extended