[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] New branches and translation across components
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] New branches and translation across components
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 09:50:43 +0100
- To: LibreOffice-l10n <email@example.com>
sophi schreef op 12.12.2019 10:29:
Christian has created the 6.4 project in Weblate, therefore master is
now the next 6.5.
Good to know
He has migrated 6.3 project. (Do not forget to managed your watched
project if you want to have them in your Dashboard).
Thanks for the tip.
He has also activated translation across project. It is based on a hash
that Weblate creates based on context and the source string. He limited
the translation to match components of the same name.
In short that means that strings that have the same context will be
translated for all branches at once.
That is a nice feature. Sometimes a translation error is found. Changing one branch will automaticaly change them all.
Then he sets priorities for the components (Weblate will decide from
that what end's up in "suggested translations") as follow:
- Help Master: lowest priority
- Help Release branch: low priority
- UI Master: low priority
- UI Release branch: high priority.
Oh and maybe I didn't say: we are running Weblate 3.9.1 now
As usual, feedback and advices are welcome :)
Is weblate now used for future updates of the implemented branches? So we don't have to add or change translations for them in Pootle anymore? Please add 6.2 and we can leave Pootle for what it is.
Sophie Gautier firstname.lastname@example.org
The Document Foundation
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|[libreoffice-l10n] New branches and translation across components||sophi <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice social media accounts in various languages: help wanted, gain experience!
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] ODF 1.3 Extended
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] New branches and translation across components
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Localization of the Online Android app