[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate, where we stand currently
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate, where we stand currently
- From: Sveinn í Felli <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 08:30:18 +0000
- To: sophi <email@example.com>, LibreOffice-l10n <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Since Weblate 3.9 seems to address downloading of multiple files and work is in progress for grouping files (aka. being able to see our branches more like a folder-like structure, not a list with all individual files, right?), then I'm optimistic for the future.
Nevertheless, testing should be thorough before we depend solely on this tool, and some kind of statistics would be nice to have when assessing the impact of such a migration. For example, comparing translation percentages of LibreOffice 6.3 and the next release (7.0) would give us some indication, even if it's not really comparable.
Sveinn í Felli
Þann 19.11.2019 16:14, skrifaði sophi:
I know how it's difficult to change a so important tool and our work
habits, so first I wanted to thank you all for your participation in a
constructive way to the test and the migration.
Some information on where we stand:
- Christian is currently adding Amagama to the translation memory, we
hope that will speed up the process
- The main problem seems that we can't download all files in one step,
here also Christian is looking at a way to download via Gerrit and avoid
using command line and API.
- Since the migration is not over, Weblate is not running on it's own
hardware yet, so that might be the problem we meet with the slowness on
some tasks, this is something we are monitoring
- we have form a group with OpenSuse, KDE and Fedora to push and share
our development needs. We will have a workshop during FOSDEM, if you are
there, please join the discussion :)
Don't hesitate to send your feedback to the list or to me, we need it to
improve the tool to best suits our needs.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate, where we stand currently||sophi <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate, where we stand currently||Martin Srebotnjak <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-l10n] Weblate, where we stand currently||sophi <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate, where we stand currently
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate, where we stand currently
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate, where we stand currently
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate, where we stand currently