Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Incomplete LOOL pot files?

Hi Milos,

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 9:50 AM Milos Sramek <sramek.milos@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've tried the Slovak LOOL translation by logging in to
> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/ (version 6.3.0). There are
> some untranslated strings in the UI, which cannot be found in pootle:
>
> Edit: Copy
>
> Insert: Chart, Section, More fields (including its submenu), Table of
> Contents and Index , Bibliography Entry
>
> Format: Watermark, Columns
>
> an others.
>
> These are probably missing in the pot file. Looks like a bug, doesn't it?

It's not a bug, it's a feature. ;)
I mean, not all strings end up in Online po files. Some are taken from the
core. It would have been no sense to duplicate the work. Menu item
translations are in core already, but Online source has to be updated with
core translations before a release.

The other difference is that nextcloud.documentfoundation.org uses version
6.3.0, while master branch is translated in Pootle. I'll double check the
l10n status of LibreOffice Online 6.3, and probably the issue will go away
in next release.

Best regards,
Andras