[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Current status of Weblate?
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Current status of Weblate?
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2019 10:07:07 +0100
- To: i10 lijst <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Christian Lohmaier schreef op 05.11.2019 12:09:
Hi Stanislav, *,
On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 2:16 PM Stanislav Horáček
I would like to ask about the current status of Weblate. If I understand
it correctly, only Weblate will be used for translation of LO 6.4.
To be specific:
- slow performance,
Can you be more specific?
Is it slow for you all the time or only when I update templates?
When I translate or change an item, klikking on safe takes about 15 seconds to safe.
Apart from the known slowdowns during this operation, weblate doesn't
run on the final hardware yet, we'll have a dedicated machine to run
the translation services on, so performance overall should be a bit
better - but if you experience overall slowdown, please let us know
for what operations exactly.
- translation memory and terminology are not included (should we add
No, don't add it yourself, I added translation memory from pootle, but
he way weblate makes use of it doesn't scale for large projects like
It is again more suited for many little projects. In other words:
Translation memory view is slow and also matches way too loosely to be
Translation memory will be handled by a separate translation memory
server that we'll hook up to weblate.
What is in weblate is the translation history/cross-referencing of
other same/very similar translated strings.
- instructions for translating refer to old Pootle, e.g. .
Is addressing of these issues planned? In other words, is it worth to
wait with translation, or should we live with what we have now?
No, don't wait with translation - 6.4 translation is already in
weblate, there won't be another way to translate for 6.4.
6.3 translations are so far still on pootle, but will eventually also
copied over to weblate instance.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Current status of Weblatefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|[libreoffice-l10n] Current status of Weblate?||Stanislav Horáček <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Current status of Weblate?||Christian Lohmaier <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice social media accounts in various languages: help wanted, gain experience!
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Current status of Weblate?
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Current status of Weblate?
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Current status of Weblate?