Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: Missing features, project folder view and search across the whole project

Hi Sergio,
Le 26/09/2019 à 14:00, Sérgio Marques a écrit :
> This could be a dummy question, let's say that I want to translate all
> untranslated strings, one after the other as we used to do in Pottle, how
> can we do that?

I'm not sure to understand your question, but it's just like on Pootle,
you go from one untranslated string to another.
What I've done to get a better view of what I've to translate is to
activate the Untranslated column (click on the last icon after the
column names and check Untranslated) in the dashboard and I sorted the
view by this column.
Cheers
Sophie

> [...]
> terça, 17/09/2019 à(s) 11:54:
>
>> Hi *,
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 1:54 PM Cheng-Chia Tseng <pswo10680@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> In Pootle, translators can search specific term/translation in the whole
>>> project, such as LibreOffice UI, LibreOffice Help, LibreOffice Online,
>> etc.
>>
>> You can also search in a whole project in weblate.
>> But what weblate doesn't offer is limiting search to a "folder" (since
>> weblate doesn't have concept of folders)
>> So in weblate it is either whole project or single file (component)
>>
>>> This feature enables translators to check existing terms or translations
>>> and fix them.
>>
>> Hmm. I wonder whether an additional Glossary-based check would fill
>> this gap in a more elegant way?
>> I.e. you add your terms to glossary/terminology and we maybe could
>> write a check for strings that don't have a translation that matches
>> the glossary.
>>
>> Weblate already has a default "inconsistent translation" check
>> https://docs.weblate.org/en/weblate-3.8/user/checks.html#inconsistent
>> that follows a similar idea (but is not enabled in our instance
>> currently, since same string is corner case in our project, and more
>> likely than not it is in different context that requires different
>> translation, so I'm afraid that check would cause too many false
>> positives) - and for same string weblate has dedicated "other
>> occurrences" section when doing regular translation, example:
>>
>> https://vm137.documentfoundation.org/translate/libo_ui-master/scaddinsmessages/de/?checksum=f718cc3da84a2ebf
>>
>>> Listing the components as folders under the project and searching text
>>> across the whole project are quite important features in the daily
>>> translation workflow.
>>
>> But this also sounds also like something that can be done more easily
>> offline, with the po files directly?
>>
>> That said: if we were to have a solution for aggregation by folder, we
>> could put both help and ui into a single project solving your issue?
>> Not sure whether I did really understand the problem correctly.
>>
>>> The way Pootle works is designed to serve multiple translation files
>> under
>>> different projects which fits LibreOffice well while Weblate is not.
>>
>> Don't quite get that, since pootle also is limiting stuff on a
>> per-project basis. (but within the project it works on folders, with
>> automatic aggregation, that's right)
>>
>>> If we are moving to Weblate, and that should be solved to fill the
>> missing
>>> gap between them.
>>
>> Can you give a full example of what you do in pootle currently?
>> That would help me understand the issue better and maybe come up with
>> an easier workaround.
>> (Since adding folder-based view on weblate is nothing you should wait
>> for - that would likely take a while/if at all...)

GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi
Foundation coordinator
The Document Foundation