Ôdp: Ôdp: [libreoffice-l10n] Utter negligence of the Silesian translation

We piōntek, 6 wrz 2019 ô godzinie 10:34, sophi (sophi@libreoffice.org)
pisze:
> Hi Grzegorz,
> Le 06/09/2019 à 10:19, Grzegorz Kulik a écrit :
> Thank you for the information. However, it's hard to assume good faith
> if you try to find out what is going on and you get ignored. Not
> everybody is a programmer and not everybody is able to follow what
> changes are made to the repository. Apart from that, the information
> behind the link doesn't answer the question when the language pack will
> be available.
>
> I told you that I'll come back to you when it will be available and that
> Christian was working on it, didn't I? Christian is doing the release
> engineering and he has a lot on his plate. If you know somebody able to
> help him, he will be more that welcome.

Not exactly, you said you'd "keep me updated". You never said you'd get
back to me when it's done. Keeping someone updated means making sure
that they know of the latest news. That is the definition of keeping
someone updated.

> Furthermore, if a language version was neglected once, it should be in
> the project's interest to compensate it by keeping its translators
> informed, not stonewall them.
>
> I thought I answered your questions, if you find it's too long, just
> ping me again and I'd give you explanations (thanks Adolfo for providing
> them).

You gave me a vague statement that "Christian will provide the lang
pack", so first I waited, then sent him two emails, and got no answer.

> Let's not forget that translations are
> done by volunteers, and if volunteers are treated this way, they just
> lose interest.
>
> We are an open source project driven by volunteers, each of us has his
> own speed and spare time and some areas of the project are lacking
> volunteers, this is the case for infra.

Perhaps that should have been said in August.

> Sure, large languages will just have more and more new
> people wanting to do the job but what about the small ones that have
> just one or two translators?
>
> I see no large languages or small languages here, all languages are equal.

There are large and small languages. Large languages have millions of
speakers, small ones have several thousands. Because small languages
don't have the same resources, projects can very quickly run out of
volunteers who are willing to contribute in them.

> BTW did you give a try to Weblate, what's you feedback on it?

I used Weblate before, so however you put it together, I'm fine wit it.