Re: Ôdp: [libreoffice-l10n] Utter negligence of the Silesian translation

Hi Grzegorz,
Le 06/09/2019 à 10:19, Grzegorz Kulik a écrit :
> Thank you for the information. However, it's hard to assume good faith
> if you try to find out what is going on and you get ignored. Not
> everybody is a programmer and not everybody is able to follow what
> changes are made to the repository. Apart from that, the information
> behind the link doesn't answer the question when the language pack will
> be available.

I told you that I'll come back to you when it will be available and that
Christian was working on it, didn't I? Christian is doing the release
engineering and he has a lot on his plate. If you know somebody able to
help him, he will be more that welcome.

> Furthermore, if a language version was neglected once, it should be in
> the project's interest to compensate it by keeping its translators
> informed, not stonewall them.

I thought I answered your questions, if you find it's too long, just
ping me again and I'd give you explanations (thanks Adolfo for providing
them).

Let's not forget that translations are
> done by volunteers, and if volunteers are treated this way, they just
> lose interest.

We are an open source project driven by volunteers, each of us has his
own speed and spare time and some areas of the project are lacking
volunteers, this is the case for infra.

Sure, large languages will just have more and more new
> people wanting to do the job but what about the small ones that have
> just one or two translators?

I see no large languages or small languages here, all languages are equal.
BTW did you give a try to Weblate, what's you feedback on it?

Cheers
Sophie
GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi